This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
I’m a busy woman with a lot going on both professionally and personally, so it’s essential that my daily health and wellness routine is something that I can get done quickly every morning. I’m also a night owl which means I’m generally on auto-pilot until about 10a, so easy is key. I promise I’ll never give you advice that says, “get up early to get stuff done.” Um, no.
Health and wellness are built over time. It’s less about crazy work-outs and marathons every weekend then it is about building simple, small, easy habits that are easy to keep. Small habits and good choices build up over time. The ocean is filled with drops of water just like your overall wellness is built from the tiny healthy things you do regularly throughout your life.
Here’s my 10-minute morning wellness routine:
- Gratitude – Instead of jumping out of bed as soon as my eyes open in the morning, I lay there and contemplate three things that I’m thankful for. They could be as simple as, “I’m grateful for another day alive. I’m grateful for a body that works. I’m grateful for this roof over my family’s head.” or for things that happened the day before. This starts my day off on a positive tone.
- Water – I keep a water bottle full of water on my nightstand overnight that’s ready for me to drink as soon as I sit up. Since it’s been sitting out all night, it’s room temperature. This way, it’s not a shock to my system, it’s just refreshing and hydrating.
- Stretch – Immediately after emptying my first water bottle, I’ll do some gentle stretching either in bed or on the floor next to the bed. Nothing crazy, just enough to wake up my body & mind in a merciful way.
- Water – Next, I let the dogs out back and refill my water bottle. I’ve found that having a second 16-oz of water can be a challenge so I use it to take my vitamins. Before I know it, the bottle is empty.
- Vitamins – I’m a huge proponent of vitamins. In a perfect world, we’d all eat a perfect diet and not need vitamins. I’m a realist. My family and I take vitamins, Nature Made vitamins to be specific, daily. I notice quite a difference when I forget. Usually, if I forget to take them, I’m wondering why I’m tired and cranky by dinner.
The whole routine takes me ten minutes and it’s often done when I’m half asleep. Better health & wellness and starting my day off right is the result of these small, consistent habits.
So, why do I take only Nature Made vitamins? It’s the only brand I’ve taken since I was a teenager. I trust the quality to be to the highest standards. Nature Made is the US’s top selling brand of vitamins, minerals and supplements* so you know the formulas are fresh and consistent. Plus, Nature Made is the top pharmacist-recommended supplement brand in 9 different categories.** I trust that my pharmacist knows what’s what. I take four daily:
After quality and content, the price is the most important factor in choosing vitamins for my family. Since I’ve been buying my Nature Made vitamins since I was a teenager, I’ve consistently found the best price at Walmart. I’ll actually make a separate trip after grocery shopping to get my vitamins if I’m running low. Walmart’s prices on vitamins are literally 50-60% less than the grocery stores so there’s no need to wait for a sale. Seriously, I checked prices again this weekend because it never ceases to amaze me how the exact same thing can be priced so differently.
*Based in part on data reported by Nielsen through its Scantrack Service for the Vitamins Category for 52-week period ending 1/02/2016, for the xAOC Market. Copyright © 2016 Nielsen.
**Based on US News & World Report – Pharmacy Times Survey, Nature Made is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Brand in Nine Categories – Letter Vitamins, Omega-3/Fish Oil, Coenzyme Q10, Flax Seed Oil, Herbal Supplements, Cholesterol Management-Natural, Garlic, Diabetic Multivitamins and Mood Health Supplements