The Liebster Award
I was honored with the Liebster award by my fellow blogger Tiffany over at The Crunchy Mom Next Door. The whole concept is fantastic. When you receive the award, you get to answer ten questions as put forth by the awarder and then give it to your ten favorite blogs. Those bloggers then answer your ten questions and pass it on. Really being such a new blogger, networking is crucial to growth, and this is a great way to do that, as well as show appreciation for other awesome bloggers. I did a quick search online but was unable to find the origin. Most of what I read, however, points to the guideline that the Liebster award should be given to new-ish bloggers that has not yet gotten thousands of followers. That’s me. :)
So, Tiffany asked:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging? Back in the day, ya know- like the late 90s/early 2000s, I did a ton of web development & graphic design for myself and others. I missed it. After 15 years of being off, I finally jumped back in by launching The Art of Better on October 1st of this year.
2. What is your absolute favorite thing to blog about? I blog about everything! Finances, food, kids, kids, dogs, career, blogging, etc… can’t pick a favorite!
3. What three things can you not be without? Since the question is about things, not ‘who’, I guess saying my family and dogs is out. ok. My iPhone, whichever current Laurell K Hamilton book I’m reading & lipgloss/balm cause my lips get dry. That’s a tough question.
4. Where do you go when you need to be alone? I don’t seem to get much alone time. Between the kid, my guy and four dogs, the only time I am alone is in the car. We need a bigger house!
5. If you could had a large block of free time, what would you be doing? Wow, I have a lengthy to-do list, but I would have to say that I would take some time to take care of myself! Workout, read, blog, get my hair done, meditate, get a massage. . . take a nap maybe.
6. What are your main goals for your blog? My goal is for my blog to inspire or help others to work towards better. . . whatever ‘better’ may mean to each individual. I also am working towards better. . . better attitudes, more gratitude, financial independence, added fun, greater health & maybe some tranquility along the way. Yes, that’s my tagline because that’s my goal.
7. Since it’s the holiday season, what’s your favorite holiday movie? Ooohhh. . . we love holiday movies! I would say it’s a four-way tie between Christmas Vacation, Nightmare Before Christmas, Bad Santa & A Christmas Story.
“When Santa squeezes his fat ass down that chimney, he’s gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!” Clark Griswold
8. Link to your most favorite blog post and tell why it’s your favorite. Right now it’s got to be Seven Reasons You MUST Be On tsū because I am just loving it! There are so many fantastic, lovely people on that network. I am pretty much done with fb because I don’t see what I actually want to see in my feed.
9. What is your best feature, both physical and non-physical? Physically, I would say my lips, but other people seem to say they love my hair all the time. My best non-physical feature would be empathy.
I am passing the award on to. . .
Alison at In the Font of A
Stella Lee at Purfylles
David at Builder Chaser Dreamer
Michelle at Dishes and Dust Bunnies
Karen at One Salty Kiss
Sarah at Me Plus 3 Today
Jenny at The Littlest Way
Sandie at All Heart Strings
Ulla at 5 Bites to Wellness
Your questions are:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What is your absolute favorite thing to blog about?
3. What three things can you not be without?
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
5. If you could had a large block of free time, what would you be doing?
6. What are your main goals for your blog?
7. Since it’s the holiday season, what’s your favorite holiday movie?
8. Link to your most favorite blog post and tell why it’s your favorite.
9. What makes you unique? Inside or outside.
10. Name something on your bucket list and explain why.