8 Awesome Reasons to #MixItUp
We value our dogs like members of our family. In case you didn’t know, we have four rescue pups and they’re our fur-babies. I’ve been introducing them to you as the occasion calls for it. If you missed part one of our #MixItUp series, find it here: Meet Karlton: He’s Ready to #MixItUp. Check it out and come back. I’ll wait.
This post is sponsored by Instinct® and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Instinct® Raw Boost® Mixers but The Art of Better only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Instinct is not responsible for the content of this article. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature’s Variety. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
I’ve been contemplating adding raw food to their diet for some time now and using Instinct Raw Boost Mixers seems like the easiest possible way to do that. I’m all for easy. So, why do we love Instinct® Raw Boost® Mixers so much? Let me count the ways.
1. Quality and safety is so important to us when deciding what food to feed our family, so the furry side of our family is no different. All Instinct Raw products, including Instinct Raw Boost Mixers, are made in their own company-owned manufacturing facility located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Their facility is regularly monitored by third party auditors and is a USDA Certified Organic Processing Facility. It adheres to all USDA and EU standards. Each lot is segregated to guard against cross-contamination. If you want to get technical, they use a process called High Pressure Processing [HPP] that is a unique process used to kill bacteria.
High Pressure Processing is based on a deep sea discovery that at deep sea levels (under high pressures) harmful bacteria cannot survive where other microorganisms can. Duplicating this phenomenon through state-of-the-art technology helps further enhance food safety using the wisdom of nature. High Pressure Processing causes minimal to no effect on nutritional value, vitamins or minerals, flavor compounds (taste), or pigments (color).
2. I’m a wimp and get freaked out handling raw meat. It’s true. I like using Instinct Raw Boost Mixers because, while it is raw, it’s freeze-dried. The little mixer bites are dry and firm. I seriously could not deal with something that was wet, squishy and smelly.
3. We’ve been really happy with their regular food that we’ve fed our dogs for the past few years and didn’t want to change that. Instinct Raw Boost Mixers is a food topper, which is perfect for us! We typically feed Karlton a half cup of dry food 2x per day. We top it with 2 Tbsp pure puréed pumpkin in the morning to get him a moisture and fiber boost so it’s easy to just toss a few of the Mixers on top of his dinner. The package is really clear on how much to feed based on weight. Since Karlton’s little, he gets 1/8 cup. That’s about six morsels. We just pull back a little on his dry food to account for the slight calorie increase.
4. The big bag lasts a long time! We’ve been giving Instinct Raw Boost Mixers to all four of our dogs every single night for over two weeks. Considering one of those dogs is 65lb Floyd, we’re super impressed that the bag is still half full.
5. The dogs LOVE the mixers so much that we’ve started using them in place of training treats. The morsels are easy to break in half for the little ones.
6. We’ve actually seen a difference in Karlton’s skin and coat. We were concerned with him starting to show signs of aging like dry skin and a little dull on his coat. No more. It’s been almost three weeks now and his skin is less flaky and hit coat is shinier. This really floored me. Mixers contains natural oils which is one of the main reasons we wanted to try it. The ground flaxseed and salmon oil has really made a difference.
7. They offer novel protein sources. Floyd has a really sensitive stomach and throws up the basic dog proteins like chicken or beef. I’m not going to feed them differently so that means all four are on a novel protein diet. Thankfully, Instinct Raw Boosters comes in both grass-fed lamb and turkey! We picked lamb to be safe. If you have a cat, it comes in chicken and rabbit.
8. We only do grain free food & treats. Again, since we have four dogs, we need to cater to everyone’s dietary restrictions. Dice has a grain allergy. Who knew feeding dogs could be so complicated?!
Have you tried Instinct Raw Boost Mixers? How did you like it?