The 6 Best Free Blog Testing Tools
Believe it or not, this blog runs on a shoe-string budget. Over the last few months, I have found some of the best free blog testing tools out there. I have tried all kinds of tests and testing websites so you don’t have to! You get to skip the junk and get right to the good ones.
6. Google Mobile-Friendly Test – This one is quick & easy but oh-so-necessary. Google has recently begun taking considering a website’s mobile friendliness as a significant factor in rankings. Your blog must be mobile friendly!
5. Copyscape Plagiarism Checker – Are you paranoid like me? Yes? Use this. No? Don’t judge.
4. Website Speed Test – If you are semi-technically-inclined, you’ll love this tester.
3. Hemingway – While this is not a blog test per se, Hemingway lets you easily test your writing for form, readability, passivity, etc… and provides suggestions.
2. Is My Blog Working? – This one is also a bit technical but worth your time. It answers questions such as ‘is your rss file available?’, ‘is my index file accessible to spiders?’, etc…
1. Peek – Peek is my favorite free blog testing tool, so much so that I refer to it as my secret weapon. Input your blog address in the box and off it zips to testers. A real-live human being goes to your site, records the screen and their audio thoughts and tests! Testers are required to answer a few basic questions in each test but they look at things like first impression, pain points, etc… Most of the reviews I have requested are about five minutes long and the turn-around time is typically same day. Each domain is eligible to be tested three times per month. Choose to test on desktop or mobile versions. I’ve made great improvements thanks to this feedback.
Just because your budget may be south of zero doesn’t mean there aren’t great tools at your disposal. These are what I believe are the 6 best free blog testing tools out there, but please correct me if I’m wrong!
Have you used these tools? Did I miss one?