Blog Quarterly Review: Stats, Earnings & What I Learned Along The Way
Wow, I have been blogging for exactly six months! WOO! Even though I took about a month off for a crazy home buying process, I definitely made some good progress on my goals.
What I learned Along The Way
So, I want to share a few of the things that I have learned in the last three months. I would love to write a book about some of the issues and hurdles that I met, but here are the biggies for now:
- Schedule blogging time! Soo… We bought our first house in February, which is awesome. I even wrote a post about it: 9 Reasons Why Buying A Home Is Like Having A Part-Time Job. The process totally derailed my blogging consistency. I put one post up in 3 1/2 weeks. Ouch. I have learned if you don’t schedule it before you get busy, blogging will fall to the wayside.
- Hootsuite knows better than mere humans do. Seriously. I don’t want to manually schedule my tweets, Facebook posts or Google+ posts… I have Hootsuite do it for me!
- Take that DSLR photography class. I got my camera late January but I’ve been too busy to teach myself to use it. I must sheepishly admit that I currently use it in *gasp* automatic mode. Does anyone have any great online video courses they would recommend?
- Find support. I have found some amazing blogger groups on Facebook with members that are happy to answer a question, make a recommendation or provide support. Shout-out to the Southern Girl Blog Building Group!
Stats & Earnings – 2015 First Quarter
[ranked in order of referrals]
- Pinterest: 895 followers, 103% increase over last quarter
- Facebook: 128 fans, 39%
- Twitter: 965 followers, 110% increase
- tsū: 407 friends 19% increase, 646 followers 30% increase
- Instagram: 80 followers, 40% increase
- Google+: 2 followers, just started my page!
- I ran successful paid campaigns on both Pinterest and Facebook that didn’t cost much but drove healthy traffic.
- Total unique visitors: 983, 29% increase over last quarter
- Page views: 2060, 31% increase
- Bloglovin: 26 followers, 50% increase
- Email Subscribers:18, 38% increase
I haven’t put practically any effort into monetization at this point so that I can focus on great content.
- AdSense: $1.66, 10% increase over last quarter
- IZEA: $32, 98% increase. I am in love with Izea! I made $32 for a couple of tweets!
Did I Meet My Goals For the Quarter?
- I want to focus on growing my email list. I am having trouble with this one. Please don’t hesitate to join my email list on the sidebar on the right! – This one was a toughy. I have grown my email update list by 38%, but with my numbers being so low, I’m not really satisfied with that.
- Run my first contest – I’m close on this one. I have the prizes, I just need to write the post!
- Publish two posts per week average – I averaged 1.7 posts per week. Close but no cigar.
Goals for the next 90 days:
- Design a freebie to give out to email subscribers as a thank you for joining.
- Get that contest up!
- Publish two posts per week average.